TOWNSHIP OF NIPISSING
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
A regular meeting of the Township of Nipissing Council was held on Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
Present: Mayor Tom Piper, Councillors Linda Andersen and Liz Smith.
Regrets: Councillors Tom Butler and Tom Marchant
Staff and visitors present: Wendy Billingsley, Marie Rosset, Rick Miller, Bryan Stuart, Gord Hincks, Dave Yemm, John-Paul Negrinotti, Kris Croskery-Hodgins and Charles Barton.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
Disclosure of pecuniary interest: None.
Staff Reports: Dave Yemm, Operations Superintendent – written report.
Presentation by Wendy Billingsley, Chairperson and Marie Rosset, CEO of the Powassan and District Union Public Library regarding the proposed 2018 Budget.
R2018-077 L. Smith, L. Andersen: That we approve the 2018 Powassan and District Union Public Library Budget as presented. Carried.
R2018-078 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That the minutes of the meeting held April 3, 2018 be adopted as published. Carried.
The meeting was declared a public meeting pursuant to the provisions of Section 34 (12) of the Planning Act, R.S.O., 1990, to discuss an application for a change to Zoning By-Law 2012-12 for 125 Hunters Bay Road.
R2018-079 L. Smith, L. Andersen: That we pass By-Law Number 2018-22 being a By-law to Amend Zoning By-law 2012-12, as amended.
Read a first, second and third time and passed this 17th day of April, 2018. Carried.
R2018-080 L. Andersen, L. Smith: BE IT RESOLVED:
1. That this Council does approve “in principle” the Application of Sally and Rodney Stewart to purchase the Shore Road Allowance located in front of Lot 2, Concession 19, Plan M120, Lot 2, Township of Nipissing.
2. That this resolution is subject to the following conditions:
• The Council shall select an independent search firm specializing in fishery issues and environmental issues to complete an independent investigation and report to determine the geographic limits where development could occur and to ensure compliance to the Provincial Policy Statement.
• That the applicant will be responsible for the payment of all the Municipality’s administrative, legal accounts and Environmental Impact Study costs in connection with the processing of this application.
• That in accordance with the Municipality’s policy, notice and a copy of the draft plan will be mailed to the adjacent owners. Carried.
Minutes – April 17, 2018 – Page 2
Staff Reports Continued:
John-Paul Negrinotti, EDO-CEMC-Planning Assistant – written report.
Kris Croskery-Hodgins, Treasurer-Deputy Clerk – verbal report.
Charles Barton, CAO-Clerk – verbal report.
Linda Andersen – Nipissing Township Museum Board
R2018-081 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That we set the 2018 tax rates for Landfill Properties as:
Education Rate 0.00783128 and Municipal Rate 0.00637270. Carried.
By-Law to amend a Shared Services Agreement with the Municipality of Callander for the provision of Building Administration Services for the Township of Nipissing was deferred pending completion of the required documents.
The Final Draft of the April newsletter was presented to Council.
R2018-082 L. Smith, L. Andersen: That we accept the correspondence as presented. Carried.
R2018-083 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That the statement of accounts dated: April 5 and 17, 2018; totaling $68,525.99, be approved. Carried.
R2018-084 L. Smith, L. Andersen: That we approve the acceptance of a Quotation received from Gin-Cor Trucks for a replacement Viking Proline body, supplied and installed at a cost of $46,680.00 plus applicant taxes. Carried.
R2018-085 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That we pass By-Law No. 2018-24, being a by-law to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meeting held on April 17, 2018. Read the first, second and third time and passed this 17th day of April, 2018. Carried.
R2018-086 L. Smith, L. Andersen: That the meeting be adjourned. Time: 8:38 p.m. Next regular meeting May 8, 2018. Carried.
Minutes prepared as per Section 228 (1)(a) of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c. 25. Clerk to record, without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the council.
Minutes to be approved by Council at the next regular Council Meeting.