TOWNSHIP OF NIPISSING
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
A regular meeting of the Township of Nipissing Council was held on Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
Present: Mayor Tom Piper, Councillors Linda Andersen, Tom Marchant and Liz Smith.
Regrets: Councillor Tom Butler
Staff and visitors present: James Scott, Dave Yemm, Will Bateman, John-Paul Negrinotti, Kris Croskery-Hodgins and Charles Barton.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
Disclosure of pecuniary interest: None.
Staff Reports: Dave Yemm, Operations Superintendent – verbal and written report.
Kris Croskery-Hodgins, Treasurer-Deputy Clerk – verbal report.
John-Paul Negrinotti, EDO-CEMC-Planning Assistant – verbal report.
Will Bateman, Fire Chief – verbal and written report.
Liz Smith – Nipissing Township Museum Board
Linda Andersen – District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board
R2018-153 L. Smith, T. Marchant: That the minutes of the meeting held September 4, 2018 be adopted as published. Carried.
R2018-154 T. Marchant, L. Andersen: That we pass By-Law Number 2018-34, being a By-law to authorize the Mayor and CAO-Clerk to execute a Fisheries and Oceans Canada Small Harbours Branch Transfer Framework Agreement.
Read a first, second an third time and passed this 18th day of September 2018. Carried.
R2018-155 L. Andersen, L. Smith: Be it hereby resolved that:
1. The Corporation of the Township of Nipissing agrees with the proposal put forth by the Owner of the lands legally described as all of Plan 42M-650 and subject to the recommendations of the Municipal Solicitor, all as outlined in the letter from Russell Christie, LLP dated August 28th, 2018 to affect the repeal of By-law 2018-007 (being a By-law to deem Plan 42M-650 not be a plan of subdivision);
2. The municipal solicitor is directed to communicate with the Owner’s solicitor to advise of Council’s agreement with the proposal and to obtain the required information noted in the above-mentioned letter;
3. The municipal solicitor is directed to draft the amended subdivision agreement and By-law repealing By-law 2018-007 for Council review and approval;
4. All such costs of the Municipality in dealing with the “revival” of Plan 42M-650 shall be paid for by the Owner of such lands which amounts shall be secured by the provision of a deposit by the Owner or its solicitor. Carried.
Minutes – September 18, 2018 – Page 2
R2018-156 L. Smith, T. Marchant: BE IT RESOLVED:
1. THAT this Council does approve “in principle” the Application of Brayden Brooks to purchase the Shore Road Allowance located in front of Part of Lot 10, Concession 19, Township of Nipissing.
2. AND THAT this resolution is subject to the following conditions:
• the Council shall select an independent search firm specializing in fishery issues and environmental issues to complete an independent investigation and report to determine the geographic limits where development could occur and to ensure compliance to the Provincial Policy Statement.
• that the Applicant will be responsible for the payment of all the Municipality’s administrative, legal accounts and Environmental Impact Study costs in connection with the processing of this application.
• that in accordance with the Municipality’s policy, notice and a copy of the draft plan will be mailed to the adjacent owners. Carried.
Council reviewed the draft Fall Newsletter.
R2018-157 T. Marchant, L. Andersen: That we accept the correspondence as presented. Carried.
R2018-158 L. Smith, T. Marchant: That the statement of accounts dated: September 5, 6 and 18, 2018; totaling $318,876.58 be approved. Carried.
R2018-159 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That we authorize Councillor Tom Marchant to attend the 2018 Fall Meeting of the District of Parry Sound Municipal Association. Carried.
R2018-160 L. Smith, T. Marchant: That we pass By-Law No. 2018-35, being a by-law to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meeting held on September 18, 2018. Read the first, second and third time and passed this 18th day of September, 2018. Carried.
R2018-161 L. Andersen, L. Smith: That the meeting be adjourned. Time: 7:42 p.m. Next regular meeting October 2, 2018. Carried.
Minutes prepared as per Section 228 (1)(a) of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c. 25. Clerk to record, without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the council.
Minutes to be approved by Council at the next regular Council Meeting.