Township of Nipissing Council Vacancy
April 7, 2021
TOWNSHIP OF NIPISSING COUNCIL VACANCY
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Due to a resignation, one position of Councillor has been declared vacant.
Council plans to appoint someone to fill the position on Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
There will be no election. Interested persons are to apply for the position. Information packages are available at www.nipissingtownship.com and the Township office.
FILING DEADLINE: Monday, April 26, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
All applicants must be a qualified elector as defined in the Municipal Elections Act. As of Tuesday, May 4, 2021, they must be:
• A Canadian citizen
• At least 18 years old, and
• Residing in the Township of Nipissing, or is the owner or tenant of land in the Township of Nipissing, or the spouse of such a person; and
• Is not prohibited from voting (as per the Municipal Elections Act) or otherwise by law.
Effective Thursday, April 8, 2021:
Amendment to the Appointment Procedure for
Filing Vacancy on Council
In response to the Provincial Declaration of Emergency and Stay at Home Order enacted as of 12:01 a.m. Thursday, April 8, 2021, the following will be required:
• For submission of the Council Vacancy Application Form, which is required in person, please contact the Township Office to schedule an appointment.
• Forms will be accepted during a scheduled appointment, which will require:
o Facial Coverings
o Social Distancing
o Covid Screening Protocols
NOTICE OF A CHANGE TO THE ADVERTISED APPOINTMENT DATE
Council plans to appoint someone to fill the position on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at a Special Council Meeting.
This date has been changed from the originally planned date of May 4, 2021 in order to accommodate the anticipated end of the Provincial Stay at Home Order.
Township of Nipissing
45 Beatty Street, Nipissing