THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF NIPISSING
BY-LAW NUMBER 2021-38
Being a By-Law to authorize the creation and operation of a Recreation Committee for the conduct of recreational programming and management of the Township of Nipissing Community Centre for the Corporation of the Township of Nipissing.
WHEREAS Regulation 797, of the Ministry of Tourism and Recreation Act, R.R.O. 1990, provides that the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Nipissing may appoint a Recreation Committee for the conduct of recreation programs;
AND WHEREAS the Community Recreation Centres Act, R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER C.22 provides that the Township of Nipissing Community Centre shall be deemed a community recreation centre and may appoint a committee for the management and control of the facility;
NOW THEREFORE Council for the Corporation of Township of Nipissing hereby enacts as follows:
1) That a Recreation Committee shall be appointed annually by the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Nipissing at their first regular meeting, appointing the Committee for a term of one (1) year.
2) That the Recreation Committee shall be responsible for the management and conduct of the Township of Nipissing recreational programming and the Community Centre located at 2381 Highway 654.
3) That the Recreation Committee shall consist of two (2) members of Council, a minimum of four (4) and maximum of eight (8) residents of the Township of Nipissing who are qualified to be elected as members of the Council. One municipal staff member shall be appointed to provide administrative support to the committee.
4) That the functions of the Township of Nipissing Recreation Committee are outlined in Schedule A, attached hereto and declared to be part of this by-law.
5) That By-Law Number 2008-1234 is hereby rescinded.
READ A FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD TIME AND PASSED THIS 17TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2021.
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP
Tom Piper, Mayor
By-Law Number 2021-38
Township of Nipissing Recreation Committee
1. The Township of Nipissing Recreation Committee (“Recreation Committee”) is an appointed Committee of Council and will therefore be governed by the most current Procedural By-Law in effect for the Township.
2. The Recreation Committee may establish rules and regulations for the conduct of the recreation programming or any part thereof and to govern the conduct of all persons who in any way participate in or be in attendance at any part of the program.
3. The Recreation Committee shall elect a Chairperson (1) and a Secretary (1) annually from its members at the first meeting held in each calendar year. The municipal staff member appointed for support may be selected as Secretary but will not have any voting rights on decisions.
4. The Recreation Committee shall submit a budget annually to Council for approval, no later than February 1st in each year.
5. The Recreation Committee shall hold a minimum of four general meetings per year. It shall be the responsibility of the Chairperson to set the date and time of these meetings, and to provide the meeting information to the Township Office to be circulated to all Committee Members and advertised accordingly.
6. The Recreation Committee may incur expenditures to the extent provided in the annual approved budget, or as specifically approved by Council.
7. The Recreation Committee shall be responsible for the administration and management of the Township of Nipissing Community Centre and as such may make rules and policies as it considers necessary relating to the management and control of the facility, including the Fitness Centre located on the lower level of the Community Centre.
8. The Recreation Committee may fix such charges for the use of the Community Centre, including the Fitness Centre, as it considers advisable and subject to approval by Council under the current User Fees By-Law in effect.