Nipissing Township Museum
Board Meeting Minutes
March 2, 2022
7 p.m., Nipissing Township Community Centre
Present: Liz Moore, Steve Kirkey, Gladys Bateman, Mary Heaseman, Kris Croskery-Hodgins, Chris Johnston (by Zoom), Gillian Bernais, Brenda Lennon (by Zoom)
Absent: Kerry Kloiber
1. Call to Order – The meeting was called to order by Liz Moore at 7:05 p.m.
2. Declaration of Pecuniary Interest – There were no declarations of pecuniary interest.
3. Acceptance of Agenda – The agenda was accepted as presented by Steve Kirkey and seconded by Gladys Bateman.
4. Acceptance of Previous Minutes – The previous minutes of September 1, 2021 were accepted as presented by Mary Heaseman and seconded Steve Kirkey.
5. Standing Agenda Items
i. Budget – Steve and Liz met with the Township regarding the budget. Presented items for the budget were the roof on Harlan’s hut, a laptop, and setting money in reserve every year for larger projects. A smaller new water tank has already been purchased. Kris would like to include the roof with other items in a broader municipality RFP to secure a better price and a better response. Budget will be supplied to members when accepted by council.
6. Business Arising:
i. Museum Manager Employment Schedule 2022 – The Museum Manager’s contract has been renewed and accepted. Resolution put forward for the Museum Manager contract. Carried. Discussion regarding Manager’s contract time period and work load.
7. New Business:
i. Strategic Plan – This will be discussed at the April meeting.
ii. Garden – Steve will rototill in spring as soon as needed.
iii. Candy Suppliers – Please forward to Liz if you have suggestions of new suppliers.
8. Next Meeting – The next meeting of the Nipissing Township Museum will be held on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, place to be determined.
9. Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m. by Liz Moore, seconded by Brenda Lennon.